Office of the Provost
Tennessee Tech University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Tennessee Tech University also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Tennessee Tech University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
In addition to the institutional accreditation, many of Tennessee Tech’s programs are accredited by specialized professional accrediting agencies. These nationally recognized programmatic accrediting agencies include:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- ABET - formerly Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Communication Association (ACA)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) - formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)