Tech Faculty Leadership Development (TFLD)
Description of the Program
The Tech Faculty Leadership Development Program is offered by the Provost’s Office on Tennessee Technological University’s (TTU) campus.
The Tech Faculty Leadership Development Program will assist faculty members in developing strong decision making skills while enhancing team collaboration abilities with the overall goal of producing potential future administrators.
TFLD participants will gain a broader understanding of how Tech campus operates and will have the opportunity to witness some of the decision making processes.
The TFLD program will feature mentoring and applied learning in topics such as:
- Student Services
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Tech Funding Formula and the THEC Funding Formula
- Colleges and Academic Departments
The goal of the TFLD Program is to assist current faculty members who are interested in administrative positions to become future leaders.
Conditions of the Program
- The TFLD Program is a year-long program. Participants will meet in October, November, February and March for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- TFLD participants can only be nominated to the selection committee by either their department chairs or their college deans.
- Deans or department chairs will need to submit a one page letter of recommendation describing why they feel the faculty member should be considered for the program.
- Once potential TFLD participants are nominated, they will need to submit a letter of interest.
- The TFLD program selection committee members will select seven participants for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- TFLD Program participants will receive a $500 fund to be used for professional development, e.g. conference registration fee, etc.
- Most TFLD Program meetings will be held on Wednesdays during the lunch hour from 12:00-1:00.
All information should be submitted to Dr. LaNise Rosemond at email@example.com no later than September 26, 2014.
Dr. LaNise Rosemond, Faculty Coordinator