New Programs & Program Modifications
- Any changes made pursuant to program modifications must comply with TTU Policy 221 (Substantive Change). SACSCOC must be notified about any substantive changes!
Tennessee Tech hereby adopts Tennessee Board of Regents Policy 2:01:01:00 (Approval of Academic Programs, Units, and Modifications) and TBR Guideline A-010 (Program Modifications and New Academic Programs), as may be amended from time to time.
The Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) must review and approve new academic programs, off-campus extensions of existing academic programs, new academic units (divisions, colleges, and schools), and new instructional locations as specified in THEC Policy No. A1:0: New Academic Programs: Approval Process, Attachment B (A1.0), and A1:1: New Academic Programs as may be amended from time to time.
PROCEDURES AND FORMS FOR NEW PROGRAMS AND Program MODIFICATIONS
- Procedures for the Establishment of a New Degree Program
Documents required for THEC approval prior to formal submission of a proposal to TBR:
- Letter of Notification for new degree programs to TBR
- THEC's Letters of Application for Proposed New Academic Programs
- THEC Financial Projections Form for the new program
- TBR Cover Page
- Procedures for the Modifications of the Academic Programs and Units
- Procedures for the Establishment of a New Off-Campus Instructional Location