Tennessee Technological University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call 404- 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Tennessee Technological University.
In addition to the institutional accreditation, many of Tennessee Tech’s programs are accredited by specialized professional accrediting agencies. These nationally recognized programmatic accrediting agencies include:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- ABET - formerly Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) - formerly National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) - formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)