Faculty Success by Watermark
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find a list of FAQs for Faculty Success. If you have a question that is not answered, please email CAFÉ@tntech.edu.
- CV Import Tool
All faculty will be given access to the system in Fall 2023.
You can access Watermark using the login button below.
If you are having issues accessing the system, please contact email@example.com - It could be that you do not have an account set up in the system.
This website contains helpful guides and information to assist you in navigating the system. If you cannot find what you are looking for, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
You can receive training through one of the options below:
- Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Yes! The system has been evaluated and optimized for Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, Firefox, and other browsers. The system performs admirably on both Windows and Apple systems.
Yes, the following sections are input for you.
- Scheduled Teaching
- Permanent Data
- Yearly Data
- Workload Information
Fill out this work request form to have changes made.
The CV Import Tool can be used to help upload all of your information, or you can chose which activities to import the information for.
NOTE: Some faculty find the CV Import helpful, while others have stated copying and pasting the information is quicker due to formatting.
A guide for using the CV Import Tool is coming soon.
If you have noticed that your specific publication is missing from this listing, please do one of the following:
- You can select "Not in List" from the "Journal Name" field
- You can either type that into the box (the drop-down list is of type search), or it is the last option in the list.
- Once you select "Not in List" there will be three new fields that appear, under the "Item" sub menu. You can then fill out the Journal Name, if it was peer-reviewed/referred? and the review type
- Doing the above will allow your records to print correctly on reports.
- Email a handful of journal names
- Send firstname.lastname@example.org a brief email containing the Journal Name and if its Peer Reviewed. We can add it to the back end of this system quickly.
- Email a large list
- If you happen to have a list of publications that are not there, or perhaps you are a department chair and you want to make sure the most published two publications exist in the Digital Measures system - Please send email@example.com a complete list of journal names you wish to be added, along with if it is peer-reviewed or not. There can be as many publications in this listing as you would like so, please make a complete list if you have one.
You can import your publications from several different sources:
- BibTex File - This is a text file formatted for publication citations. Some options on where
to get your BibTex file are; EndNote, Mendeley, HeinOnline, Google Scholar, RefWorks,
- For this option you will need to already have an account with a third-party system
that can handle citations, you will also need to have your publication data stored
- For this option you will need to already have an account with a third-party system that can handle citations, you will also need to have your publication data stored there.
- Third Party API Integration - These options are direct API integrations that Digital Measures has established
with five different publication databases
- ORCID, Crossreff, Scopus, Web of Science, PubMed
- These options allow you to search for yourself within these databases, you can then
select items that are yours, verify the selections and import them to Digital Measures
automatically. If using ORCID, you will need to already have an account with them,
and input your ID from ORCID into Digital Measures
There are several important fields within this screen that you should be aware of and how to handle them.
- Contribution Type: Type of contribution this publication is, select one that matches the best.
- Current Status: While this field is not technically required, your reports use the field to identify which records belong where on your reports. Please mark it with Submitted, Accepted, Published.
- Title: This is not required, but highly encouraged. It is very important to mark down the title of your publication so anyone looking at reports knows what the record is.
- Authors/Editors/Translators: Please include the Author name (if they are at Baylor and on Digital Measures, you can select their name from the first drop down menu in this field, called "People at Baylor". Please be sure to select the role they played in the project.
- Journal Name: This field determines if a publication is peer reviewed or not. You must select an option here. To view the FAQ on this topic please refer to: Journal Name isn't there. Once you select an option from this drop-down menu, the system will automatically know if the selection is peer reviewed or not.
- Date fields: Please be sure to select at least a year value for the date fields, they all don't need to be filled out, but Date Submitted, Date Accepted, Date Published are all good ones to have a year for. Dates are used to determine what records to pull into reports that people are running within Digital Measures. They are also used for ad-hoc reporting we do on this information.
There are five date fields within this screen that are available to fill out. If you know dates for all the fields, that's great, you can fill them out! If not, that is okay as well. The most important date fields are Date Submitted, Date Accepted, and one or both Date Published fields. If you happen to know a month and day for the specific date, that is great, otherwise, you just need to fill out a year for any of the date fields you want to fill out.
- Expected Date of Submission: This field is mostly unimportant, feel free to fill it out, but there is no need.
- Date Submitted: This field coincides with the status of Submitted. If your record is marked with the status of Submitted, please fill out at least a year value for this field.
- Date Accepted: This field coincides with the status of Accepted. If your record is marked with a status of Accepted, please fill out at least a year value for this field.
- Date Published (Electronic): This field coincides with the status of Published, if you happen to have an electronic published date, please add it here. Just a year is required.
- Date Published (Print): This field coincides with the status of Published, if you happen to have a print published date, please add it here. Just a year is required.
You do not need to remove date data once it is entered. If you started the record at Accepted status, then it moved to Published, you should keep the accepted date and add the relevant Published dates.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review your ideas and determine an appropriate course of action.