Burnett Fitness Center
Fitness Center Policies
- A valid Eagle Card or membership card is required for entry to the facility.
- If you are not taking 6 or more hours, you must purchase a membership.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Guests must always be accompanied by a member throughout their visit.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Firearms or weapons of any type are prohibited.
- Always practice safety and courtesy toward others.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times. Ladies, please cover sports bras with a shirt.
- Consult your physician before beginning any exercise program and know your limitations. Our Health Promotions Office can assist with training, demonstrations, classes, and more.
*Please see each counter throughout the fitness center for rules regarding specific areas.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
- All participants must wipe down equipment after each use. Participants may use 1 piece of equipment at a time. Super-setting will not be permitted until further notice.
- All participants will have a temperature check at the front desk before accessing the building. * Anyone with a fever will be asked to leave and not return until they no longer have a fever.*
- Please enter and exit from the main entrance.
- The fitness center will comply with University expectations established for social distancing.
- The cardio area will be limited to use on every other machine to ensure safe social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in multiple common areas.
- As of 4/12, one guest will be allowed per member. Eligible non-members are permitted after paying the $5 day pass.
Severe Weather Policy
- When the University cancels night classes due to severe weather, the MLBSRC will close at 6pm.
- When the University delays opening due to severe weather, the MLBSRC will open 1 hour prior to campus opening.
- When the University is closed (Code Red) due to severe weather, the MLBSRC will be open from 10am-3pm.
- In the event of extreme conditions, we will adjust hours as safety deems necessary.