- THE CENTER'S ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES HAVE MOVED TO SOUTHWEST HALL (DIAGONALLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM PRESCOTT HALL). THE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY LAB REMAINS IN PRESCOTT HALL. To contact the Center, you can still call (931) 372-3507, but for a more immediate response, contact the faculty and staff at their direct extensions (found from the staff and faculty links to the left). For the Environmental Quality Lab, you can bring samples to Prescott Hall, Room 426, or call (931) 372-3507.
- Increasing student fees, tuitions and stipends are leading the Center to look for other sources of support for its graduate students. The Center recently established a graduate student endowment to help alleviate the professional travel and other costs its students incur. If you would like to donate, please follow the link at https://www.tntech.edu/univadv/annualgiving/ and mark your donation for the Water Center.
Enhancing Environmental Education Through Research
The Center for the Management, Utilization and Protection of Water Resources (Center) at Tennessee Technological University was created to mobilize an interdisciplinary team of professionals to address the increasing demands on water resources in Tennessee, the surrounding region and the nation. This mission is accomplished through research, education and public service.
The goals of the Center are
- to enhance research by addressing diverse water-related problems in Tennessee, the nation and the world;
- to enhance educational opportunities through research, university instruction and educational outreach;
- and to enhance citizens' quality of life by providing technical assistance and technology transfer to peers, citizens and industry.
View the webcast symposium titled "The Virtual International Symposium on Environmental Aspects of Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products." The symposium was coordinated by the Center's environmental chemist Martha J.M. Wells; Larry Keith, of Instant Reference Sources, Inc.; and Christian Daughton and Tammy Jones-Lepp, of the National Exposure Research Laboratory of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency office in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was sponsored by the U.S. EPA and held in conjunction with the American Chemical Society's 228th National Meeting.
ATTENTION: For faculty requesting Center support, please fill out the form below: