Centers and Facilities
The on-campus Centers are important tools in bringing together cooperating interdisciplinary research teams of faculty and students from various departments, schools and research units. Each Center strives to use present education resources to achieve excellence; to support economic development in the state; to enhance the intellectual, cultural and social climate for Tennessee citizens; to use external sources to improve research; and to attract nationally and internationally recognized faculty to Tennessee institutions.
- Core Facilities
- The core facilities section includes information on the university's labs available for faculty and student research.
- Center for Energy Systems Research
- The Center for Energy Systems Research (CESR) focuses on providing solutions to problems faced by energy producers and consumers, and research on renewable energy, smart grid power systems, power electronics, among others.
- Center for Manufacturing Research
- The Center for Manufacturing Research (CMR) focuses on three research areas: advanced manufacturing, materials for energy storage and conversion, and networking and algorithm for big data.
- Center for the Management, Utilization and Protection of Water Resources
- The Center for the Management, Utilization and Protection of Water Resources (Water Center) focuses on research in biodiversity and sustainability, enabling technologies and tools, water security and sustainability,
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Center
- The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Center offers an innovative facility in support of a campus-wide initiative to enhance existing STEM education models and develop new educational strategies in STEM-related fields.
- Appalachian Center for Craft
- Through Tennessee Tech's School of Art, Craft and Design, the Appalachian Center for Craft promotes excellence in American craft through tradition and innovation in technique, concept and design.
- Cybersecurity Education, Research and Outreach Center
- The Cybersecurity Education, Research and Outreach Center (CEROC) integrates university-wide existing activities and initiatives in cybersecurity education, research and outreach toward finding solutions to security and privacy problems in cyberspace.
- The iCube provides a place for students and faculty to imagine, inspire and innovate, using immersive reality technologies in a three-dimensional environment.