Deadline for applications is January 23, 2015, at noon.
- Duration of award – July 1, 2015, through June 30, 2016
2014-2015 Committee Members
- 2015-16 Application Materials
- Handbook for Faculty Research Committee Grants
- Faculty Research Committee Procedures
- 2014-15 Faculty Research Committee Members
- 2014-15 Timeline
The Faculty Research Grants Program is divided into three tracks:
TRACK I is intended to support (a) research that would lead to publication(s) in refereed journal(s) or other nationally recognized form of dissemination appropriate to the discipline and (b) travel* to conferences to present papers or other creative works.
TRACK II is intended to support travel* to meet with grant program managers to discuss ideas for future proposal submissions that lead to external funding.
TRACK III is intended to provide seed funding to initiate and develop research projects or programs that lead to external funding.
A. Applicants must be full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty.
B. Proposals will be evaluated based on (i) their intellectual merit, (ii) potential for external grant proposals, except TRACK I, and (iii) reasonableness of the budget.
C. Department Chair/Director will be required to endorse an applicant's proposal agreeing to adhere to the budget requirements in terms of release time.
D. Both full-time tenured faculty and full-time tenure-track faculty can apply for TRACK I awards, with the exception that a full-time tenure-track faculty member is limited to two TRACK I awards while on tenure-track.
E. TRACK II awardees are required to submit a proposal to an outside agency within a year of completion of the project or to apply for a TRACK III award.
F. TRACK III awardees will be required to submit a proposal to an outside agency within a year of completion of the project.
G. A faculty will not be eligible for a second TRACK II or TRACK III award if items E and F are not met.
H. Proposals will be considered ineligible for consideration by the Committee if any of the following conditions is satisfied:
- Proposers who are administrative personnel;
- Previous awardees of TRACK II who have not submitted a proposal to a funding agency or applied for a Track III proposal, or awardees of TRACK III who have not submitted a proposal to an outside agency;
- Proposals by faculty to complete requirements for their own degree;
- Proposals that are substantially similar to those previously funded by the Faculty Research Grants Program;
- Proposals that have received external funding;
- Proposals that are not in compliance with instructions for preparing the narrative
I. Amount funded by release time is limited to $3,000. Requests for release time will be at the same rate as departmental adjunct faculty.
TRACK I: Approximately 20% of the available FRGP funds will be designated as TRACK I funds, and awards will be limited to $3,000 per project.
TRACK II: Approximately 10% of the available FRGP funds will be designated as TRACK II funds, and awards will be limited to $1,500 per project.
TRACK III: Approximately 70% of the available funds will be designated as TRACK III funds, and awards will be limited to $10,000 per project.
Priority in funding will be given to tenure-track faculty, interdisciplinary projects, or cross-college projects.
Recipients are required to provide the Committee with final reports submitted on the Final Report Form (Appendix F). It should summarize the results of the entire project and should be provided to the Committee no later than October 1 following the funding year. The Committee will not consider any request for funding of a new project until the required final report on the previously completed project has been received.
*Travel includes conference or meeting registration fees, transportation, lodging, per diem, etc. Travel is limited to faculty only.