The Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects is guided by TTU Policy 730. The Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects (IRB) serves as the review board in accordance with the requirements for the protection of human subjects as set forth by the regulations created by Congress (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 45, Part 46). The IRB is composed of faculty, administrators, and persons not affiliated with the University. It reports to the Administrative Council. The IRB has developed the guidelines and procedures described on these pages in order to assure the protection of the rights and welfare of human subjects in research.
When planning your research involving human subjects, keep in mind the guidelines found in the IRB's review process.
APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH INVOLVING HUMAN SUBJECTS
NEW IRB Document:
- Application for Research Involving Human Subjects (11/13/17) (MS Word document; please be advised that printing from Google docs or a web-based word processor can affect the formatting.)
- Request for Continuation/Change Form, OLD FORM (For all original applications that used the OLD forms -- Form A, Attachment to Form A or Form B, & Form C.)
- NEW Request for Continuation/Change Form, NEW FORM (Revised 11/13/17) (For all original applications that used the Application for Research Involving Human Subjects)
- External Researcher Authorization Agreement Form (MS Word)
- Please follow the links below to information and a form concerning HIPAA waivers:
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
CITI Home Page: https://www.citiprogram.org/
TTU subscribes to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) as means of providing training in human subjects research. The courses you take depend on your role in research. The following are the available modules related to human subjects:
Biomedical Researchers including all students and faculty acting as an Investigator (PI-co-PI)
Social-Behavioral-Educational Researchers including all students and faculty acting as an Investigator (PI-co-PI)
Departmental Review Committee
IRB Community Members