In the University’s Compliance Certification Report, Tennessee Tech must demonstrate that it is in compliance with two SACSCOC criteria on Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP): Core Requirement 2.12 and Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2. (SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation)
Core Requirement 2.12:
"The institution has developed an acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that includes an institutional process for identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment and focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution. (Quality Enhancement Plan)"
Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2:
"The institution has developed a Quality Enhancement Plan that (1) demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP; (2) includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP; and (3) identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement. (Quality Enhancement Plan)"
The primary responsibilities of the QEP Committee:
- Reviewing the institutional assessment data
- Gathering input from faculty, students, and the other university’s constituencies to have the university community involved in the development of QEP
- Selecting a QEP topic that accomplishes the mission of Tennessee Tech and meets the SACSCOC criteria
- Developing the TTU’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that demonstrates university’s capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP. (The QEP describes a carefully designed and focused course of action that addresses a well-defined topic or issue(s) related to enhancing student learning.)
- Identifying appropriate assessment tools and developing QEP assessment plan.
Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Committee
SACSCOC Quality Enhancement Plan Guidelines
QEP 2016-2021 website