Clay N. Hixson Student Success Center
EEC Summer Camp 2020
Explorations in Engineering and Computing Camp - Virtual Experience
July 12-17, 2020
The college initiated the first Explorations in Engineering and Computing (EEC) program in 2018. The program identifies and selects rising twelfth-grade students who demonstrate interests within math and science. The goal is to educate high school seniors about engineering careers and to spark their interest in a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM).
EEC provides an opportunity to explore engineering, computing and technology while experiencing campus life at Tennessee Tech, the state’s only four-year technological university.
Due to the Covid-19 virus and out of an abundance of caution, the College of Engineering
will host EEC summer camp as a virtual experience July 12-17, 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 virus and out of an abundance of caution, the College of Engineering will host EEC summer camp as a virtual experience July 12-17, 2020.
The EEC program provides a one-week virtual experience, at no cost, and includes the following:
- Orientation session
- Ice breakers and team building exercises
- College life and preparation sessions with university staff
- Virtual engineering department visits hosted by university faculty, undergraduate, and graduate students
- Virtual laboratory demonstrations
- Engineering challenges and virtual group design project
- Counselor-to-peer mentoring
- Virtual camp closing
Virtual Hands-on Activities
Applications are closed.
For additional information, please contact Harry Ingle at 931-372-3833.