EEC Summer Camp 2020
Explorations in Engineering and Computing
July 12-18, 2020
The college initiated the first Explorations in Engineering and Computing (EEC) program in 2018. The program identifies and selects rising twelfth-grade students who demonstrate interests within math and science. The goal is to educate high school seniors about engineering careers and to spark their interest in a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM).
EEC provides an opportunity to explore engineering, computing and technology while experiencing campus life at Tennessee Tech, the state’s only four-year technological university. EEC will be hosted July 12-18, 2020.
Students live in a residence hall on campus, engage in hands-on engineering fundamentals activities and college life sessions, compete in engineering challenges and work as teams to apply what was learned in various engineering design projects.
The EEC program provides a one-week experience, at no cost, and includes the following:
· Orientation session
· Ice breakers and team building exercises
· Residential hall accommodations for six nights
· College life and preparation sessions with university staff
· Engineering department visits hosted by university faculty
· Tennessee Tech campus tour
· Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
· Campus life and recreation
· Hands-on laboratory demonstrations
· Engineering challenges and group design projects
· Closing awards reception
To apply, applicants must have good science and math scores, submit a math/science
teacher reference and complete an essay explaining why they would benefit from the
EEC summer program.
For additional information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 931-372-3553.