Ray Morris Hall (RMH) is a 26,000 sq. ft. STEM-education facility on the campus of Tennessee Tech University. Ray Morris Hall is home to the Millard Oakley STEM Center for the Teaching and Learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics which provides interactive learning studios, an auditorium, a virtual theater, and other resources specifically designed to meet the research and learning needs of STEM educators and students of all ages. The state-of-the-art facility also includes electronic infrastructure to capture learning activities for research and distance learning.
The STEM Center facility is also a inspiring example of using green technologies in the finishing and furnishing of rooms and spaces.
- Dimensions: 90' x 30'
- Features: multi-purpose space, flat screen monitor displays, vending machines, restrooms, access to Learning Studios and Virtual Theater.
- Furnishings: equipped with a variety of seating options 1) Lobby Benches are upholstered with 100% recycled fiber content; 2) the tall Cafe Chairs are upholstered with one of the first biodegradable polyurethanes on the market; it is PVC-free and is manufactured in a facility that recycles 99% of all water and raw materials used in production; 3) the Spark Chair Loungers are upholstered with 100% post-consumer recycled polyester content.
Auditorium | Room 150
- Capacity: The auditorium seats 240 students or visitors in a theater setting. Wheelchair access and seating available.
- Features: Instruction/demonstration table with water, gas and electrical oulets, dual screen presentations, full electronic and recording capabilities.
Early Childhood Learning Studio | Room 131
- Capacity: 20
- This Learning Studio is dedicated to providing young learners (PreK-3rd grade) access to engaging, STEM-related learning experiences. The studio houses interactive games, puzzles, and activities to stimulate young minds in a colorful environment furnished with child-sized, child-friendly decor.
Mathematics Learning Studio | Room 135
- Capacity: 49
- The Mathematics Learning Studio offers a variety of accessible resources and technologies to assist learners in communication and comprehension of mathematical concepts.
Physics/Engineering & Earth/Space Sciences Learning Studio | Room 137
- Capacity: 36
- From Physics and Engineering to Earth/Space Science the dry lab is a flexible, interactive space for students and educators to explore mechanics, energy, the universe, and more.
Biology & Chemistry Learning Studio | Room 139
- Capacity: 36
- The biology and chemistry lab is equipped with cutting-edge ventilation hoods, sinks, gas, water, and a variety of safety features in support of the projects and activities presented in this extraordinary, interactive learning space.