Oakley STEM Center 3D Workshop
The Millard Oakley STEM Center is hosting its first FREE Oakley STEM Center 3D Workshop on Thursday, April 23, 2015 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. The training will provide participants an overview of TinkerCAD™ web-based computer-aid drafting software. The focus of the 3D workshop will be on engineering design. Participants will develop the skills needed to understand the importance of design when working with 3D printers like the Makerbot Replicator™. Once participants have completed the workshop they will be able to create complex 3D objects, export .stl files, upload files to Thingiverse™ and 3D printers. The skills developed during this workshop may be used to promote 3D printing in the classroom and school systems.
Want to learn more about the Earth’s longest day of the year on June 21, the Summer Solstice?
Join the Millard Oakley STEM Center on Saturday. June 20, 2015 from 7 - 10 pm, and explore the mysteries of space, seasons, planets, observe the stars by telescope, and more on the evening of the longest day of the year – the summer solstice.
- The free-admission event is a family-centered educational, open-house allowing visitors to experience a variety of activities and learning stations.
- Learn about the reasons for the seasons and why we have a “longest day."
- Use telescopes and solarscopes, and more!
- Parent/guardians must remain on-site with children during the workshops.
- Please complete the Permission/Photo Release form and bring with you when you check in for The Longest Day.