Volunteering and Service Hour Opportunities
The Millard Oakley STEM Center is a great place to volunteer and complete service hours for your organization. We offer two STEM Fab Fridays and two STEM Safari Saturdays each semester to engage Upper Cumberland families with STEM activities.
We are always looking to work with TTU student organizations interested in STEM outreach. If your organization is interested in leading activities at STEM Fab Friday, contact Dr. Scott Eddins, 931-372-6599.
If you are a student who enjoy interacting with families or learning about demonstrating STEM, then Sign up today!
NOYCE Scholarships Available to Future STEM-Subject Teachers
Want to receive up to 42,000 of support while working on your STEM-related degree with the TTU SMaRT scholarship (Noyce Scholarship) program?
- Earn up to $2,000 while learning if a career in teaching is right for you. Receive scholarship support of $12,250 per year for up to three years while completing your degree and obtaining a teaching license.
- Earn up to $3,600 with an internship at TTU’s Millard Oakley STEM Center.
- This new opportunity is a Noyce scholarship program funded by the National Science Foundation.
- The program supports paid internships and up to three years of generous scholarships for Math, Science, and Engineering majors while they complete their degree and also obtain licensure to teach high-school Math, Physics, or Chemistry.
- Find out more about the NOYCE Scholarship Program.