Suicidal issues are a concern everywhere including on college campuses.
If you or someone you know is feeling depressed, hopeless or suicidal -
go ahead and ask the question:
Do you feel that you want to harm yourself?If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal:
- Contact the RA if you are living in the residence halls
- Let a professor know if you are in class with someone that you are concerned about.
- Contact the TN Tech Counseling Center (931-372-3331)
- Call Volunteer Behavioral Health Mobile Crisis (aka Plateau) 800-704-2651
- Go to the Plateau Mental Health Walk In Center at 1200 S. Willow * Cookeville (south of I-40 on the left)
- Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Here are some additional links for more information:
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Mental Help Net: Suicide
- National Institute of Mental Health: Suicide
- TN Suicide Prevention Network