2015 Common Book - The Start-Up Of You
About TTU's Common Book Program
The Common Book program at Tennessee Tech University creates a shared reading experience for all incoming first-year students, faculty, many staff members, and student leaders. A committee of faculty and staff select from over 20 books each year in an effort to find a significant contemporary work to read the next year. The incoming freshman class will receive a free copy of this book during their summer orientation (SOAR) session.
Common Book Mission
The Common Book Project challenges students to broaden their personal perspectives through participation in a university and community wide conversation among faculty and other students around a single text.
Participation within TTU's Common Book program will:
- Introduce students to current issues within today's global economy.
- Create a shared intellectual experience with fellow classmates and engage in conversations with faculty and staff around a selected text and theme.
- Develop intellectual engagement inside and outside of the classroom.
- Create a foundation for students to explore values and ethics.
- Provide an introduction to the educational experience at Tennessee Tech.
If you are teaching a UNIV 1020 or equivalent course Fall 2015, copies will be available soon for pick-up. This year's book is applicable to all academic disciplines and students. For more information on the selection, visit "About Selection."