ttu logo

tennessee technological university

Student Affairs

What should I do if I am involved in or witness a car accident ?

Immediately call the University Police at 372-3234. An officer will be dispatched to the scene. Do not move the vehicles prior to the officer's arrival.

What should I do if I observe something suspicious on campus?

Call the University Police at 372-3234 immediately. An officer will respond.

If I am a student, faculty/staff or visitor, where do I go to pay a ticket?

Tickets need to be paid at the Cashier's Window located in Derryberry Hall. For further questions, call 372-3311.

Where do I go if I get a ticket and wish to appeal?

Should a ticket be issued on your vehicle, you have the right to appeal this ticket to the Student Traffic Court. You can appeal citations through the University Police Department's dedicated parking services website. Click here to go to the website to appeal a citation. YOU CAN ONLY APPEAL A TICKET WITHIN 15 ACADEMIC DAYS FROM THE DATE ON THE TICKET.

If I don't receive a parking permit, where do I go to get one?

If you did not receive a parking permit in your TTU Post Office Box, come to the University Police Department to receive one in person. The cost of the permit is included with your General Access Fee.

Should you forget your parking permit, you may come to the University Police Department to get a temporary one. A temporary may only be issued for up to 2 weeks.

What if my parking permit is lost or stolen?

A temporary permit will be issued for up to two weeks at no charge. If your permit is not found, you must purchase a new permit at a reduced rate.

Where do I go to get a Visitor's parking permit?

Visitors may come to the University Police Department to receive a visitor's permit at no cost.

Is there a Lost and Found somewhere on campus?

Yes. Please see Lost and found.

How do I file a complaint against the TTU Police Department?

If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a TTU Police Department employee or about any aspect of TTU Police operations, please come to the police department and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint, or call the police department at 372-3234 and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint, or write your complaint out and mail it to:

Chief of Police

TTU Police Dept

TTU Box 5081

Cookeville, TN 38505

Any police supervisor will assist you in completing a complaint against an employee. You will be asked to identify yourself and then to document specific details about your complaint. Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint. If it is going to take 10 working days to investigate your complaint, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply. When your complaint has been investigated, the appropriate supervisor will review the findings and write you a letter explaining the outcome.