Bike Registration and Information
We recommend all students, faculty, or staff who intend to ride and secure their bicycles on the campus of TTU to utilize the free bicycle registration offered by us at the TTU Police Department. Registering your bike greatly increases the chance of recovery in the event of theft.
Submit the registration form found below:Bicycle Registration Form
More on BicyclesLearn Cycling Hand Signals
- Secure bicycle only on TTU provided racks.
- Please do not ride through cultivated or flowered areas.
- Placing or attaching a bicycle or any other devise which alters a buildings design for ingress/egress is a direct violation of TTU policy.
- Do not secure your bicycle in handicap ramps.
- Ride with the flow of traffic.
- Ride on the right hand side of the roadway
- Use hand signals and turn signals accordingly.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- After dark, use proper equipment to keep you illuminated.
- Do not ride on sidewalks with large pedestrian presence.
- Do not ride in University buildings.
- Wear a Helmet!
- Use a quality bicycle lock. We recommend using a "U" lock. Lock through frame and wheel's if possible.
- Keep the sales receipt and serial number in a safe place.
- Park in a well-traveled, well-lit area; report all suspicious activity.
- Report all thefts or attempts immediately.
- Etch a prominent ID in several different locations; record it.
- Remove front wheel when leaving bike if chain or lock is too short.
- Put name and address in handlebars, then put grips back on.
- Paint portions in odd colors (inside bars, under bottom bracket).
- A color photograph showing ID locations can be useful.
- Report suspicious persons cruising or surveying bike areas; get license number.
- Engrave serial number on all accessories including wheel rims, handlebars, etc.