Bike Registration and Information
We recommend all students, faculty, or staff who intend to ride and secure their bicycles on the TTU campus to utilize the free bicycle registration offered by the University Police Department. Registering your bike greatly increases the chance of recovery in the event of theft.
Submit the registration form found below:Bicycle Registration Form
More on BicyclesLearn Cycling Hand Signals
- Secure bicycle only to TTU-provided racks. Bikes secured to anything other than TTU-provided bike racks are subject to removal.
- Please do not ride through cultivated or flowered areas.
- Placing or attaching a bicycle or any other device which alters a building's design for ingress/egress is a direct violation of TTU policy.
- Do not secure your bicycle in handicap ramps.
- Ride with the flow of traffic.
- Ride on the right hand side of the roadway.
- Use hand signals and turn signals accordingly.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- After dark, use proper equipment for illumination.
- Do not ride on sidewalks.
- Do not ride in University buildings.
- Wear a Helmet!
- Use a quality bicycle lock. We recommend using a "U" lock. Lock through frame and wheels if possible.
- Keep the sales receipt and serial number in a safe place.
- Park in a well-traveled, well-lit area; report all suspicious activity.
- Report all thefts or attempts immediately.
- Etch a prominent ID in several different locations; record it.
- Remove front wheel when leaving bike if chain or lock is too short.
- Put name and address in handlebars, then put grips back on.
- Paint portions in odd colors (inside bars, under bottom bracket).
- A color photograph showing ID locations can be useful.
- Report suspicious persons cruising or surveying bike areas; get license number.
- Engrave serial number on all accessories including wheel rims, handlebars, etc.