Tryouts and Tryout Clinics
Dancers interested in trying out for the 2015-2016 TTU Dance Team are required to attend at least one of the tryout clinics. These clinics are designed to introduce you to the current team members and review skills that will be needed for tryouts. Those attending will learn a short hiphop, jazz, or pom dance at each clinic for roughly half of the scheduled time. The remaining time will be reserved for jazz, pom, and hiphop skills/technique. There will be a $25 fee for one clinic, or $40 if you would like to attend both. Make checks out to TTU Golden Girls.
Golden Girl Clinic dates:
Saturday, Feb 28 - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and Saturday, March 21 - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tryout Schedule: Sat., April 18 and Sun., April 19 Time: TBA email us @ email@example.com with any questions.
Video Tryouts (if you cannot attend the in-person tryout)
Must wear spandex /jazz pants and a fitted dance top.
You must attend one of the tryout clinics so you can perform the dance on the video.
Please demonstrate on the video the skills from the requirement list. (See list of skills below)
****Please contact Morgan Dibb about video tryouts at firstname.lastname@example.org****
- Application sheet (Download Tryout application) < >
- Full body picture and head shot or recruit
- Freshmen and/or transfer students: high school/previous university transcript, proof of acceptance to TTU, and fall schedule if available
- Current TTU students: TTU transcript and fall schedule
- Recommendation letter from current coach
- Sports physical examination by personal physician
- $20 processing fee- please make checks to TTU Golden Girls Dance Team
- Please mail tryout packet to the following address:
- TTU Fitness Center
Golden Girls Dance Team Tryouts
PO Box 5107
Cookeville, TN 38505
- TTU Fitness Center
Skills for the TTU Golden Girls Dance Team
- Grand Jetes
- Leaps in second
- Switch leaps
- Doube pirouettes
- Triple pirouettes
- Second turns
- Toe touches
- Jump of choice
- Right, Left, Center splits
- Right and left leg kicks
Dancers will learn two short dances along with the TTU Fight Song.
Attire for tryouts: All dancers auditioning need to wear a FITTED tank top and spandex shorts. Bring running shoes and dance shoes.
Tentative Tryout Schedule
Tryouts begin at 9:30am. Please arrive early to sign in. Each dancer will be required to attend a short interview.
This is a closed tryout.
Judges will make their final decisions and post the team roster after tryouts.
There will be a short informational meeting for the team members following the team posting.
**For any questions please click here to email Varsity Spirit Squad