Resident Assistant (RA)
The RA shares a large part of the everyday responsibilities for the effective operation of residence halls. The Office of Residential Life feels that RAs are first and foremost "ROLE MODELS." As such, RAs are expected to maintain a balanced lifestyle of academics, job responsibilities and personal interests.
- Full time student
- Sound leadership experience
- Self-confidence and self-respect
- Oral and written communications skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Displays a positive attitude toward and about Residential Life and the University
- Academic and social role model - maintain at least a 2.25 cumulative GPA & no formal conduct sanction
- Must be able to attend a fall & spring staff training
- Academic year income is $5,975 which includes housing
- Private room at a traditional hall double room rate
- Training in leadership and human relations skills
- Excellent leadership experiences
- Assistant Coordinator
Develop a positive floor community which includes, but not limited to the following:
- Being available and approachable (on duty as well as off duty).
- Respond to student needs/issues as necessary on the hall; on duty about 1 week night (7 pm - 7 am) per week and one weekend per month – will be on campus during all duty hours.
- Hall programming, student support, mediation and referral, policy enforcement and implementation, maintaining a floor that is conducive to study, work with special interest housing groups as appropriate, and administrative duties as directed by your Assistant Coordinator.
- Be a role model – on and off campus; abide by University and Residential Life policies.
- Know your residents, be in and around your floor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, one-on-one meetings, committee meetings and training as required.
- Successful completion of the RA training class (during first year on staff).
- Assist the housekeeping and maintenance staff in providing a clean and well maintained environment.
- Check mail box in staff office as well as email daily.
- Be a positive member of the Residential Life team, which includes but is not limited to attendance of Residential Life and hall activities, supporting each other, and conducting hall tours as necessary.
- Staff Residential Life help desk in the event of an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by your Assistant Coordinator.