Name: New Hall North
Occupy: Co-Ed; Any Major
Capacity: 338 students
The Village concept was conceived to create smaller, more personal groups within the larger university setting, to enhance student-faculty interaction beyond the classroom and to increase positive student connections within the University. Each Village will be organized around a common theme and supported by a Faculty Head (with an office located in the hall) working together with the Assistant Coordinator, the Residential Life staff and the village residents. The Faculty Head, hall staff and students work together planning programs around their theme as well as a variety of social and educational opportunities provided to help residents better enhance their success at Tennessee Tech.
Beginning Fall 2010 we opened the Environmental Village (New Hall North) and the Service Village (New Hall South). Fall 2011 opened with the Engineering Village (Maddux/McCord Halls) and the Women’s Village (Crawford Hall). New for Fall 2012 will be the Global Village (MS Cooper/Pinkerton Halls) and the Arts and Media Village (Ellington/Warf Halls). Each “Village” will have study areas, with tutoring opportunities as well as a classroom to be used for classes related to the village theme. Each Village is also designed to provide additional student leadership opportunities through each of the individual Village Councils.
“Treehouse” - Environmental Village
- Location: New Hall North
- Established: Fall 2010
- Faculty Head: Andy Smith
- Assistant Coordinator: Caitlin McCowan
- Treehouse colors: Purple, Gold and Green
- A sampling of popular events from the past include:
- Luau with NH South
- Haunted House
- “Sustainable Tennessee” – guest speaker, John McFadden, Director of Tennessee Environmental Council
- Christmas bash and Angle Tree service project
For additional information regarding the Village program or an individual Village please contact the Residential Life office at: 931-372-3414 or email@example.com.
- Double Rooms With Limited Private Rooms
- Cable Service
- Telephone & Telephone Service
- ResNet (Internet) Access
- Electronic Card Access
- Laundry Community Use
- Tobacco Free
- Social Lobbies
- Study Lobbies
Here are the measurements for a typical room in the New Hall North.
Measurements will vary according to the location of the room within the building.
- 20 feet deep
- 11 feet wide
- Double rooms have extra long twin size beds
- Single rooms are full size beds
- Window (inside dimensions):
- 5 ft 1inch tall
- 3 ft wide
- Tension rod required for curtain/drape.
- Mini blind provided
- 22 inches deep
- 6 feet wide
- One wire shelf provided
- Bathroom Vanity:
- 51.5 inches wide
- The heighth of the vanity is 31.5 inches from the floor to the bottom of the vanity
- In the event a curtain is preferred, a tension rod should be used to hold the curtain
Shower curtain (72" x 72") must be supplied by the student.
Floor Plan (rooms may vary):