Service Learning Guidelines for Students (Course Related Service)
- You must select a non-profit agency.
- You must work the required number of hours.
- Each time you do your service learning hours, you should sign in with a time log to your agency and have it signed by the director/coordinator.
- At the end of your service learning experience, we recommend you will have the director/coordinator complete an evaluation form.
- We recommend that you write a paper or keep a journal. This requires students to reflect on their service learning experience as it relates to specific aspects of the course.
Non-Course Related Service
The Service Center can accommodate your needs and interests concerning service to the community. Check out our community partners at the link below:
Active Service Projects
A list of active community service projects is provided by a link on the Center web page (or click the link below). We are currently recruiting volunteers for various projects, please visit the Service Center (RUC 108) and sign up to participate or follow directions under each project.
Liability - Acknowledgement Forms
Choose the statement of acknowledgement form below that best fits the service you have chosen to do. Turn the form in to your instructor (or community service facilitator) BEFORE you begin your service. Service hours completed BEFORE the form is turned in may not be acknowledged.