- Students who wish to withdraw from the University during a semester must submit a formal written application (including signature) to the Office of Student Affairs. If no administrative holds have been assigned to the student account, such as a disciplinary hold, student requesting to withdraw will receive a grade of W in all courses if an official signed withdrawal application is received by the Office of Student Affairs. The withdrawal application must be received before or on the last day of classes as specified in Tennessee Tech's official Administrative Calendar
- Students who do not timely submit a formal written application (including signature) to the Office of Student Affairs will receive a grade of F in each course for which they are registered. Applications for withdrawal will not be considered if received after the last day of classes as specified in Tennessee Tech's official Administrative Calendar
- If a student withdraws from classes and receives a "W" grade, the student does not need to apply for readmission if he/she is attending the very next Fall or Spring semester. If the student is skipping a Fall or Spring semester, he/she must apply for readmission (no fee) and can do so the very same day.
- If a student withdraws from all classes during the time period which the transcript will not reflect a W, he/she must apply for readmission (no fee) and can do so the very same day. Students withdrawing from summer term do not need to reapply if they plan to attend classes in the fall.
- In the summer term, if a grade has been earned during any of the sessions, the withdrawal will be treated as a drop of a course rather than withdrawal so that the grade earned will not be voided by the withdrawal. If withdrawal/drop has been processed in the summer term and the student wishes to register for a later summer session, the student must go to the Office of Student Affairs.
- The refund policies for the University can be found on the Bursar's web page.
If you wish to withdraw you may do so by completing the withdrawal form below and faxing or mailing it to the Student Affairs Office at (931) 372-6335 or TTU Box 5027, Cookeville, TN 38505.