TechConnect is a tool that can bring us all closer together to ensure that students have the support they need to be successful here at Tennessee Tech. TechConnect will be gradually phased in for the entire campus community. If your department is interested in learning more about how to utilize the platform to support students, please Contact Us.
For Faculty and Advisors, you can...
- File progress reports for students who are at-risk in one of your classes.
- Check to see which students have received tutoring. - Learn More Here
- Report attendance so a Resident Assistant (if the student is living on campus) or an Academic Advisor can reach out to the students and encourage them to get back to class.
- If you advise or frequently meet with students, students can schedule appointments
with you and this calendar syncs to your Tech Outlook Calendar. No reason to exchange
several emails to schedule an appointment.
- Directions for syncing your Tennessee Tech Outlook Calendar with TechConnect - Note: This must be setup and sync'd in order to use the Appointment Campaign.
- Directions for creating an Appointment Campaign with TechConnect
- Or, you can watch our "How To" video by clicking here to download (MP4).
For Staff, you can...
- Have quick access to student information that will assist you in helping students be more successful.
- Assist students with scheduling appointments for advising and tutoring, and have students schedule appointments with your office.
- Create a network of services for students and communicate with others across campus.
- Develop and maintain notes to help you remember pertinent information about students.
Click the TechConnect image below to be redirected to the login portal.
College/School Support Specialists
Advanced users within the colleges/schools have been established to support faculty and staff with TechConnect. Below is a list of these users and their contact information.
|Agriculture & Human Ecology||Chris Kohl (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Arts & Sciences||Whitney Foust (email@example.com)|
|Business||Brandi Lovin (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Education||Patrick Mannle (email@example.com)|
|Engineering||Laura Nisbet (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Fine Arts||Patrick Mannle (email@example.com)|
|Interdisciplinary Studies||Ashlee Kiser (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Nursing||Shanna Rodgers (email@example.com)|
|Tutoring, Notary, & Library Research||Lydia Kendall (LKendall@tntech.edu)|
Administrative / Student Services
Other TechConnect Questions / Incorrect Data Concerns
For data related & user related issues within TechConnect, such as this GPA is incorrect, student's email information isn't displaying correctly, the student's grades earned in the Fall are not accurate, access to and/or training on TechConnect, contact TechConnect@tntech.edu.
- I don't have access to this function, but I think I should.
- I need additional training to get up to speed on this tool.
- How do I send an email to students, create a watchlist, etc.?
For information on which GPAs are used within TechConnect, please review the Office of Records, Registration, & Graduation GPA Chart (click here).