Reducing Your Risk of Sexual Assault
Steps to Take to Reduce Your Risk of Sexual Assault
• Watch your drink when socializing and keep it covered
• Avoid drinking anything out of a shared punch bowl
• Help your friends stay safe, especially if they seem more intoxicated than their consumption would warrant
• Make agreements with your friends to check with each other during and after social events to ensure everyone’s safety
• Stick together
• Avoid accepting a drink from someone you don’t know
• Know where you are going and speak up if you are uncomfortable with the plans.
• Communicate with your partner: NO MEANS NO;
CLEAR verbal or non-verbal CONSENT MEANS YES.