TTUPA Board of Trustees Application
Parent Association Vision
To create a nationally recognized organization that promotes positive university-parent relationships that support student success and assists in improving progression and graduation rates of Tennessee Technological University students.
Parent Association Mission
- To create strong partnerships and open personal lines of communication between parents, students, and Tech.
- To assist parents through the college transition during the time their student is transitioning, by providing support and information.
- To encourage parents to become involved members of the university community.
- To facilitate opportunities for parents to meet and become acquainted with other Parent
Association members as well as university faculty and staff both in Cookeville and
across the state of Tennessee.
About the Board of Trustees
The TTUPA Board of Trustees is comprised of Association members who are parents and family members of currently enrolled Tennessee Tech undergraduate students. The Board serves in an advisory role to the Office of New Student & Family Programs in order to enhance programs and services to parents and families.
TTUPA Board of Trustees provide direction and leadership for the association's membership and help influence parent involvement and participation at Tennessee Tech. Board members will be expected to coordinate member events, assist with the recruitment of new members, elect future leadership, and perform other duties as designated by the Chairperson. The appointment term for members is three (3) years.
Family members volunteering for the TTUPA Board of Trustees are asked to participate and assist with the following:
- Attend at least three (3) TTUPA Board meetings each year (usually once a semester – Fall, Spring, Summer).
- Volunteer for a least one (1) to two (2) SOAR/orientation sessions each summer. This involves speaking to parents and families of new Tech students about the Parent Association.
- Lead and coordinate our scholarship fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with coordinating and hosting Parent Association programs and events across the state of Tennessee.
- Participate in various committees to help support the Parent Association’s mission statement.
About the Selection Process
All applications will be reviewed by the Executive Committee. Selected applicants will then be requested to interview with the current Board of Trustees. Details will be communicated to new Board members after their appointment.
To apply for the Parent Association Board of Trustees, please click on the button below and complete the online application form. If you have questions, please contact us at TTUPA@tntech.edu.