Join the Parent Association
All parents or legal guardians of undergraduate students currently enrolled in the University are invited to join the Parent Association (TTUPA). Membership for the Parent Association comes in three different forms. Take a moment to review the types below before signing up.
Explore our Membership Options
Term: Valid for one year and renewable each May.
- Student is eligible for one of the Tennessee Tech Parent Association scholarships
- Receive eBlast and newsletter communications throughout the year
- Invitation to Scholarship reception during Family Weekend
- Invitation to Parent Association regional social events
- Yearly Calendar (upon renewal)
Term: Active as long as one student is continuously enrolled at Tech. Each student's enrollment MUST overlap. Membership expires once last student graduates. Gold members must update their membership information when each new student enrolls at Tech.
- All Purple benefits listed above
- Automatically receive the updated Parent and Family Calendar each year
- Two (2) tickets to the Family Weekend football game
- TTUPA Graduation insignia for student to wear during their commencement ceremony
- Photo of your student from their commencement ceremony
Term: Legacy memberships never expire and covers all members' students regardless of a gap in enrollment. Legacy members must update their membership information when each new student enrolls at Tech.
- All Purple & Gold benefits listed above
- $100 of membership dues goes towards scholarship fund
- Reserved seating during your student's commencement ceremony
- Member's name goes on scholarship donor list
- Exclusive Family Weekend discounts with local businesses
In addition to these benefits, we have found that students whose parents are members of the association are more likely to stay enrolled at Tech. The Fall 2014 & 2015 freshman cohorts combined to show a 3-6% increase in freshman to sophomore retention compared to the university weighted average of 74% for all freshmen.