WHAT ARE STUDENT CALLERS
The TTU Phonathon is part of Tennessee Tech’s University Advancement and Annual Giving Program. Student Callers work the phonathon by calling and interacting with university constituents (alumni, faculty, parents, friends of TTU, etc.). The goals are to build and improve relationships between the constituents and Tennessee Tech, inform constituents about university happenings and encourage their support for areas of need.
Calling occurs five days a week during the Fall and Spring semesters: Monday through Thursday 4:45-8:15pm and Sundays 2:30-6pm. Applicants must be available to work a minimum of three (3) nights a week to be eligible for employment. Hiring takes place at the beginning of each semester. Employment is not guaranteed through the end of the semester nor for following semesters. Continued employment is often offered to employees based on job performance, positive attitudes and departmental needs.
To apply, complete the online application in its entirety. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Fill out and submit the online application here.
The Student Caller pay rate for the 2015-2016 fiscal year is $10/hour.
- Currently enrolled in classes at Tennessee Technological University
- Demonstrate strong and clear verbal communication skills and a comfortable speaking voice
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for TTU
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and present facts in a concise and persuasive manner
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team setting and a result oriented environment
- Commit to a minimum of 3 calling shifts a week
- Arrive in a timely manner with a positive attitude to scheduled calling shifts
- Contact alumni and donors of the university to develop supportive and relationships
- Process acquired donations and gifts given to Tennessee Tech
- Remain informed about campus events, activities and news items and serve as a representative of TTU by passing that information along to alumni and friends
- Maintain positive public relations with alumni and friends
- Accurately update and verify constituent demographics
- Accurately record the results of every telephone conversation
- Maintain expected levels of productivity
- Gain an understanding of the University, its organizational structure and its financial needs
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Office of Annual Giving and Tennessee Tech University