University Advancement Graduate Assistant Position
Graduate Support Assistant Position - Crawford Alumni Center
The Crawford Alumni Center is seeking a Graduate Support Assistant to assist with outreach and communication with alumni and donors. The GA in CAC will supervise our call center and support other fundraising activities. No matter what your concentration is, there will be opportunities to gain new skills and great experience for your resume.
Please review the guidelines for Graduate Assistantships at the link below and review the position description.
Submit the Graduate Assistantship Application, a brief statement about your interest in the position, and a resume to email@example.com. Interviews will begin May 17, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. The position will begin in the Fall (August 2021)
The Crawford Alumni Center is looking for a Graduate Assistant to assist with the management of alumni and donor communications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write and proofread copy to be used in text message, email, and verbal correspondence
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse group of alumni, staff, students, and donors
- Sensitivity to language and cultural differences
- Ability to succeed under pressure, with short deadlines, and minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities while maintaining a high level of efficiency and accuracy
- Experience with the Tennessee Tech Student Government Association
- Customer Service, Public Relations, Call Center, or Retail experience
- Management, Supervision, or Leadership experience
- Experience with Human Resource policies and procedures
- Oversee the constituent outreach efforts during hours of operation.
- Supervise a team of student employees to guarantee appropriate interactions with alumni and donors.
- Assist in employee recruitment, applicant interviews, and training sessions and make hiring recommendations.
- Serve as a representative of the University to alumni and donors.
- Create a balanced atmosphere of quality performance and high morale to inspire positive outcomes from each student employee.
- Implement strategies to solicit gifts from varied populations.
- Schedule weekly working shifts for student employees.
- Ensure student employees collect and accurately record demographic data.
- Provide coaching and communicate performance expectations to student employees.
- Report employee performance and issues with disgruntled constituents to the Director.
- Resolve technical problems that arise with equipment used for constituent outreach.
- Accurately record data to ensure that Tech is able to solicit effectively.
- Other duties as assigned