Published: Thu Jan 6, 2011The University Bookstore encourages you to get a jumpstart on the semester by checking in and taking care of your book needs.
"Whether you want to rent or buy new, used or digital books, we have the textbooks you need to succeed," said Angela O'Connor, bookstore manager.
TTU had the highest percentage of students who rented textbook this fall in the region. Almost 50 percent of students rented books last semester.
As a reminder, the rental program features include several advanages:
• Students can pay the rental fees using any form of payment currently accepted by the bookstore – including campus debit cards. (Note: For security purposes, a valid credit card must also be provided regardless of the tender used for the rental fee.)
• Students can highlight or mark the rented books just as they would if they purchased a book and planned to sell it back to the bookstore.
• Students can convert their rental to a purchase during the first two weeks of class.
• The rental period is for the duration of the term/semester. Books are due back at the bookstore no later than 10 days after the last day of finals. Students can return the books in person or mail them to the bookstore.
• Courtesy e-mails will go out as the end of the term/semester approaches reminding students to return their books. Books not returned (or returned in unusable condition) will be subject to replacement and processing fees.
Shop online from Eagle Online or visit the University Bookstore's website at tenn-tech.bncollege.com.