Published: Wed Jul 23, 2014
The Tennessee Tech University organizational chart has been updated effective July 1. The Tennessee Board of Regents approved the changes July 2 as part of the budget cycle under TBR Policy 4:01:00:00 - Budget Control.
The new organizational chart can be found online at the bottom of the senior administration webpage.
Among the changes to the university's organizational chart:
- Academic Affairs:
- The header for the unit was changed from Provost to Academic Affairs for consistency.
- The header for "Senior Associate Provost" was changed to "Academic Support."
- The header for Associate Provost was changed to Accreditation & Assessment. Graduate Studies Administration was removed as a unit within Senior Associate Provost (now Academic Support) and was added as College of Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Research was added under Special Programs.
- Student Success Center was added to the College of Agriculture & Human Ecology.
- The College of Education's Advising Center is now a "Student Success Center."
- Within the College of Interdisciplinary Studies, Distance Learning was realigned to directly report to Extended Programs, Learning Villages are to report directly to the college if they are related to interdisciplinary studies and regional listings are removed as they are included within the Off-Campus Programs for reporting purposes.
- Athletics is to be listed as a unit.
- Academic Advising and Sports Information are removed as there are several other areas within the department.
- Planning and Finance:
- Budgeting has been realigned to report directly to the Vice President for Planning & Finance, with a noted title change to University Budgeting & Planning.
- Purchasing & Contracts has been moved from Facilities & Business Services to report directly to the Vice President for Planning and Finance.
- Student Affairs:
- The title of the Dean of Students has changed to Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, with focus area of student development. Units reporting to this position include the Counseling Center, Orientation & Student Success and Residential Life.
- The title of the Director of Minority Affairs has changed to Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, with focus area of access and diversity. Units reporting to this position include the Diversity Scholarship Program, the Office of Ethics and Diversity and the Office of Multicultural Affairs (formerly Minority Affairs).
- The title of the Director of Student Activities & Campus Life has changed to Dean of Students. Units reporting to this position include Student Activities & Campus Life, Judicial Affairs and Roaden University Center Services.
- The current Director of Student Affairs / Eagle Card will assume oversight of the University Service Center.