The purposes of the Commission on the Status of Women are to provide a supportive campus climate for women students and women in faculty, staff, and administrative positions; to promote an awareness of women's issues; to oversee the TTU Women's Center; and to initiate programs of interest to women in the TTU community.
In pursuing these objectives, the Commission will endeavor to:
- Promote the hiring and promotion of women through the use and improvement of the TTU Affirmative Action Plan and other employment and promotion programs.
- Improve opportunities for women in faculty, administrative, and staff positions.
- Support a positive campus climate.
- Promote awareness of women's issues.
- Determine procedures for the Women's Center and its further development.
- Promote educational offerings which pertain to women's issues.
- Promote appreciation of the diversity within the lives of women and men.