TTU Wilma Carr Scholarship
Wilma Rebecca Carr was born in Cookeville, Tennessee and began her career with Fleetguard in March 1978. Wilma was a victim of domestic abuse who lost her life to domestic violence in April 1997. This scholarship was established by her coworkers to honor her memory.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Must be a current TTU student in good standing (generally awarded to undergraduates)
- Must "have experienced a traumatic domestic event, such as, but not limited to, spousal abuse, child abuse or other unfortunate domestic situation"
- All applicant/award information is kept strictly confidential
- Award amounts vary but are usually between $300 and $500
- Wilma Carr application Wilma Carr fillable application 2018.pdf
- Application deadline: Dec 15, 2018
- Students must also complete the general scholarship application in ScholarWeb by Dec. 15, 2018
Please return application to:
Tennessee Tech University
The Women’s Center
Roaden University Center 339
P.O. Box 5216
Cookeville, TN 38505
For more information please contact: The Women’s Center - 372-3850 - or email the administrative associate at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Scholarships for Women outside of TTU
Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program
- Women of any nationality are eligible
- Be registered in an accredited Ph.D./doctoral program in a qualifying area of science or engineering closely related to advanced studies in aerospace related science/engineering Demonstrate a superior academic record with accredited courses in aerospace
- Award $6,000
Business and Professional Women – www.zonta.org
Zonta International is a global service organization of executives in business and the professions working together to advance the status of women.
Young Women in Public Affairs Awards
- Pre-college women students (ages 16-20)
- Awards $500 - $1,000
Women in Business Scholarships
- Women of any nationality pursuing undergraduate business degrees
- Must be eligible to enter college/institute at time funds are received
- Demonstrate intent to complete program
- Award $5,000
Dorothy Harris Endowed Scholarship
The Women’s Sports Foundation, a national charitable educational organization seeking to advance the lives of girls and women through sports and physical activity, administers the scholarship. Established in honor of Dr. Dorothy Harris, pioneer and advocate for women in sports.
- Any female, American citizen or legal resident, graduate student who will be pursuing a full-time course of study at an accredited postgraduate institution during the 2007-2008 academic year is eligible to apply.
- Scholarship checks will be issued in the summer of 2007 for the fall term.
- Application deadline: December 31, 2007
Microsoft Women’s Scholarship - www.microsoft.com
- A complete application includes four items: your resume, transcript, answers to essay questions, and letter of referral.
- Application award and deadlines vary
National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ)
(NAHJ) is dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry
- College students who are pursuing careers as reporters or producers in field of English language television news
- Deadlines vary
- www.nahj.org (click on "about nahj" – click on "sponsorship")
Tech Women's Club (TWC) Scholarship
The TWC provides scholarships to non-traditional female students. The qualifications are as follows:
- Must be 25 or older
- Must have completed at least 30 semester hours
- Must have an excellent academic record
- Must demonstrate significant financial need
For more information, please reference the TWC website.
Women in Transition and Women in Need of Scholarships
- The Educational Foundation awards scholarships to women who are pursuing accounting degrees at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Commitment to the goal of pursuing a degree in accounting, including evidence of continued commitment after receiving the award
- Aptitude for accounting/business
- Financial need
- Clear evidence that candidate has established personal and professional goals and a plan for achieving those goals
- Good academic standing
- $2000 per year (renewable for 2 years)
- Applications must be postmarked by April 15th.