Professional Science Master's Degree | Environmental Informatics
Requirements & Course Outline
Environmental Informatics: Concentration / 33 Hours
- The program is designed for graduates of approved natural resources undergraduate programs (e.g., environmental biology, environmental chemistry, environmental engineering, water resources engineering, geology, environmental agriculture, environmental management, etc.).
- Therefore, a baccalaureate degree in an environmental program is required for full standing.
- Applicants that have baccalaureate degrees in a closely related field will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be admitted to full standing upon completion of identified background courses.
- GEOG 4510/5510 Theory of GIS I (3)
(A student may take a pre-test to test out of the course or may gain approval through the program’s GIS faculty in the Department of Earth Sciences)
- GEOG 4511/5511 Theory of GIS II (3)
(A student may take a pre-test to test out of the course or may gain approval through the program’s GIS faculty in the Department of Earth Sciences at TTU)
Major Field Core: 12 Hours
Required Business Courses (courses are taught online and on campus via TTU’s MBA program)
These courses are available to any PSM student. The prerequisites will be met through College of Business course modules that can be taken at the student’s own pace and can be completed within a month, a week, or a weekend.
- BMGT6200 Organizational Leadership (3)
MKT6100 Strategic Marketing (3)
- MATH6070 Applied Linear Statistical Methods I (3)
- ACCT6010 Accounting Information for Management Decisions (3)
Concentration: 18 Hours
- EVSS6010 / Environmental Social Policy (3
- MATH6470 / Environmental Statistics (3)
- GEOG5650 / Environmental Applications of GIS (3)
- GEOG5410 / Remote Sensing (3)
- ESS6910 / Internship (3)
- ESS6510 / Programming GIS (3)
Electives: 3 Hours
Students may take one elective course in their area of professional interest (subject to Graduate Advisory Committee approval).
- AGBE5210 / Agriculture and Biological Statistics (3)
- CSC6220 / Data Mining (3)
- CSC6300 / Web-based Database Systems (3) / (4300/5300 prerequisite or consent)
- DS6550 / Data Resource Management (3)
- ECON5200 / Environmental Economics (3)
- MATH6080 / Applied Linear Statistical Methods II (3)
- MATH6170 / Experimental Design I (3)
- MATH6180 / Experimental Design II (3)
- SOC5920 / Data Analysis and Management (3)
- ESS6520 / GIS Project Development and Management (3)
- ESS5300 / Environmental Management Systems (3)