All enrollment numbers from Fall 2019 census unless otherwise noted.
Total Student Body: 10,140
- Undergraduate Students: 8,957
- Graduate Students: 1,183
- In-State students (Fall 2018): 92%
- Out-of-State students (Fall 2018): 8%
- Non-US citizens: 3%
Non-resident alien: 3%
- Average Incoming ACT score: 24
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- Faculty (Fall 2018): 659 (264 tenured, 81 tenure-track, 83 non-tenure track, 231 adjunct)
- Top 10 Undergraduate Programs by Enrollment: Mechanical Engineering; Nursing; Computer Science; Exercise Science, Physical Education & Wellness; Elementary Education; Biology; Business Management; Agriculture; Civil & Environmental Engineering; Electrical Engineering
- Top 5 Graduate Programs by Enrollment: Business Administration (M.B.A.), Curriculum & Instruction (M.A.), Engineering (Ph.D.), Nursing (M.S.N.), Professional Studies (M.P.S.)
- Fall-to-fall retention rate for first time freshmen: 77%
- Six-year graduation rate for first-time freshmen in Fall 2013: 54.4%
- Angelo & Jennette Volpe Library:Volumes held:
- 367,000 books and e-books
- Periodicals in print or microfiche: 100,000
- Electronic research databases & resources: more than 100
14 NCAA Division I teams, including men’s baseball, basketball, football, cross country, tennis and golf; and women’s basketball, cross country, softball, soccer, track, volleyball and golf. The football team is in the Football Championship Subdivision and all teams belong to the Ohio Valley Conference.
Athletic facilities: Hooper Eblen Center is a 9,852-seat arena that hosts volleyball, basketball and large campus events; two indoor tennis courts; a fitness center with a pool, handball courts, weight and meeting rooms. The Athletic Performance Center includes a 10,000-square foot turf practice field and a 10,000-square foot strength center. There are several practice fields, more than a dozen outdoor tennis courts, and an eight-lane track around Overall Field in Tucker Stadium, home to the football team.
Mascot: Awesome Eagle