School of Interdisciplinary Studies
Credit for Prior Learning
Did you know you can get up to 12 hours college credit for your prior learning if you are an Interdisciplinary or Professional Studies major?
- A maximum of 12 elective credits may be requested for college-level learning achieved through work or volunteer experience that (a) closely relates to the major; (b) equates with skills, knowledge, or perspectives currently taught in courses required for the major; and (c) involves analysis or reflection at the undergraduate level or higher.
- Must have at least five (5) years professional experience.
- Portfolios cannot be submitted during the student's final semester. Cannot receive course match credit or concentration area credit.
- Instructions for submitting a portfolio. PDF (click+ctrl)
- To request credit for work or volunteer experience, please follow the instructions and mail or email scanned copy (preferred) to the College of Interdisciplinary Studies.
To be considered by the review committee, portfolios must be received by February 28 or September 30.
Attn: Director, COIS Student Success Center
Southwest Hall, Room 146
TTU Box 5176
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001