Important Academic Changes to Help Students. Visit tntech.edu/covid19 for Tech’s response.
Art Faculty CC
Rena Wood received a BFA in Fiber from the Kansas City Art Institute and her MFA from the Department of Craft/Material Studies at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Working primarily with fiber materials and processes, Rena’s work explores ideas about memory through the manipulation of textiles and stitched surfaces. Valuing the tradition of craft processes, her current work repurposes vintage materials into new forms. She has exhibited in both solo and group exhibitions nationally.
Rena has been a resident artist at multiple arts organizations and has taught fiber art throughout the country. She is a devoted educator, with experience teaching traditional processes and contemporary variations that build on those traditions.
- Artist in Residence, Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, 2014
- Artist in Residence, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, 2015
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Skidmore College, 2016
- Fiberart International 2015, Awarded the Joanne Purrington Folley Memorial Award for Excellence in Needlework
- Solo Exhibition, Interpreting Memory, Galveston Arts Center, 2016
- Visiting Artist, Kansas City Art Institute Fiber Department, 2018