The testing area is for examinees to take class tests, makeup exams, standardized tests, exit exams, placement tests, and other proctored exams. Students schedule exams online, and all types of tests are administered simultaneously. The testing area facilitates paper and computer-based tests.
Fall, Spring, & Summer Semester Hours (Central Time Zone)
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Between Semester Hours (Central Time Zone)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Testing is closed during scheduled university holidays.
- Rules & Regulations
- Examinees must schedule a test online at least 24 hours in advance using RegisterBlast
- Two photo IDs must be presented, and one must be a government-issued, valid ID with your signature
- Proctors will answer questions relating to testing procedures only; they cannot answer questions about test content
- Examinees may only use items (scratch paper, calculators, notes, books, etc.) if permitted by the exam vendor or class instructor
- Items not allowed in the testing room must be stored in the provided lockers including, but not limited to, cell phones, hats, scarves, phones, fitness devices, watches, wallets, water bottles, keys, headphones, etc.
- Cell phones are strictly prohibited inside the testing room
- Cell phones must be turned off when in lockers and may not be accessed during a test including during breaks
- Examinees using a cell phone may be immediately removed from the testing area and reported to the class instructor or testing vendor
- All electronic and recording devices are prohibited
- Examinees must arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled test time; latecomers may be required to reschedule
- Talking is not allowed in the testing area
- Tests must be completed in one sitting (excluding breaks if allowed)
- Once complete, the test and permitted paper materials (scratch paper, notecards, formula sheets, etc.) will be collected by TLC personnel
- Schedule a Test
TNTECH students use this link to register: TNTECH RegisterBlast
Non-TNTECH students use this link to register: RegisterBlast for non-TNTECH students
Select your exam from the dropdown menus.
Select your date and time.
Enter other required information if applicable and click "Add to Cart."
Follow remaining steps to register. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Tennessee Tech students do not pay for class tests or exit exams.
- The university's placement exam, ACCUPLACER, costs $20 and is paid when students schedule the exam.
- Anyone can can have a test proctored at a cost of $25 per exam, which is paid when scheduling the exam.
- Examinees taking standardized tests must pay associated fees when scheduling, which vary by test.
- If you wish to cancel your exam, you must do so 48 hours prior to check-in time. If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must do so 2 hours prior to check-in time. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of a refund.
You must take the ACCUPLACER exam if one of the following conditions applies:
- You do not have ACT scores
- Your ACT scores are more than three years old as of your first day of classes at Tennessee Tech
- You want to challenge your placement based on your ACT scores
Your transfer credits may also affect whether or not you take the exam. Call 931-372-6126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure whether you need to take the ACCUPLACER exam.
ACCUPLACER determines students’ level of preparation for college to place them in appropriate courses. It measures preparedness in writing, reading comprehension, and math. Please see the “Fees” section for cost information.
We can accept ACCUPLACER Placement Exam scores sent directly from other schools to Tennessee Tech; we do not accept student copies as valid scores. Have the scores faxed to Tennessee Tech's Learning Support Program (LSP) at 931-372-6275.
- Cancel / Reschedule a Test
If you wish to cancel your exam, you must do so 48 hours prior to check-in time. If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must do so 2 hours prior to check-in time.
TNTECH students use this link: TNTECH RegisterBlast
Click "View complete history" on the right
Click "Cancel" or "Reschedule" as appropriate. If you reschedule, you will receive a confirmation email with the new date and time.
Non-TNTECH students use this link: RegisterBlast for non-TNTECH students
Click "My History" at the top and follow the instructions to access your existing exams. Click "Cancel" or "Reschedule" as appropriate. If you reschedule, you will receive a confirmation email with the new date and time.
- Accommodated Testing
If you have registered with the AEC and have accommodations, you will see the complete list of approved accommodations on RegisterBlast. However, if you choose to test in the TLC, we only offer the following:
- Area where student can sit or stand
- Class notes
- Extended time
- Increased font size
- Formula sheet
- Noise-reduced area
- Private testing area
- Step out and return
- Student may need to stand
- Walk around in back of room
If your exam is for a class, your instructor is responsible for noting any required accommodations when they submit the exam to the TLC. We can only offer the accommodations listed above.
- Test Prep Materials
- Academic and Disorderly Misconduct
Students exhibiting disorderly or disruptive conduct that interferes with the normal operations of the TLC or infringes on the rights of others may be removed and/or prohibited from testing in the TLC.
- Exam Security
Examinees are continuously monitored throughout their exam by physical walk-throughs and/or video monitoring. Paper tests are kept in a secure, locked location before and after they are administered.
Lydia Kendall, Testing & Learning Center (TLC) Director