The testing area is for examinees to take class tests, makeup exams, standardized tests, exit exams, placement tests, and other proctored exams. Students schedule exams online, and all types of tests are administered simultaneously. The testing area facilitates paper and computer-based tests.
Starting Sunday, September 8
Monday-Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 4pm
- Rules & Regulations
- Examinees must schedule a test online at least 24 hours in advance using RegisterBlast, which is coming soon
- Two photo IDs must be presented, and one must be a government-issued, valid ID with your signature
- Proctors will answer questions relating to testing procedures only; they cannot answer questions about test content
- Examinees may only use items (scratch paper, calculators, notes, books, etc.) if permitted by the exam vendor or class instructor
- Items not allowed in the testing room must be stored in the provided lockers including, but not limited to, cell phones, hats, scarves, phones, fitness devices, watches, wallets, water bottles, keys, headphones, etc.
- Cell phones are strictly prohibited inside the testing room
- Cell phones must be turned off when in lockers and may not be accessed during a test including during breaks
- Examinees using a cell phone may be immediately removed from the testing area and reported to the class instructor or testing vendor
- All electronic and recording devices are prohibited
- Examinees must arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled test time; latecomers may be required to reschedule
- Talking is not allowed in the testing area
- Tests must be completed in one sitting (excluding breaks if allowed)
- Once complete, the test and permitted paper materials (scratch paper, notecards, formula sheets, etc.) will be collected by TLC personnel
- Schedule a Test
Examinees must schedule a test online at least 24 hours in advance using RegisterBlast, which is coming soon. Once RegisterBlast is configured, instructions on how to schedule a test will be posted here.
Tennessee Tech students do not pay for class tests or exit exams.
The university's placement exam, ACCUPLACER, cost $20, payable through RegisterBlast once it is fully configured.
Anyone can use the proctoring services at a cost of $25 per hour.
Examinees taking standardized tests must pay associated fees, which vary by test.
- Cancel / Reschedule a Test
Once RegisterBlast is configured, instructions on how to cancel and reschedule a test will be posted here.
- Academic and Disorderly Misconduct
- Exam Security
Examinees are continuously monitored throughout their exam by physical walk-throughs and/or video monitoring. Paper tests are kept in a secure, locked location before and after they are administered.
Lydia Kendall, Testing & Learning Center (TLC) Director