Angelo & Jennette Volpe Library
Testing in the TLC has reduced capacity due to social distancing.
The testing area is for examinees to take class exams, makeup exams, standardized tests, exit exams, placement tests, and other proctored exams. Students schedule exams online, and all types of exams are administered simultaneously. The testing area facilitates paper and computer-based exams.
- Location & Hours
Volpe Library Room 176
1100 N. Peachtree Ave.
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001
Testing in the TLC has reduced capacity due to social distancing.
Sunday 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Testing is also closed when the library is closed.
- Faculty Information
Faculty have the option to facilitate testing in the TLC for their entire class or for makeup exams; it is never mandatory for faculty to use the TLC for their class tests. The testing area cannot be reserved for a class to take an exam at a given time.
Using the TLC for exams:
You must submit exam information in RegisterBlast at least 72 hours prior to the testing date to allow time for the TLC to process the exam and for students to schedule at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not want to upload a copy of your paper exam in RegisterBlast, the physical copy must be delivered to the TLC the same day the information was submitted in RegisterBlast. The TLC must receive the exam before students can schedule to take it. You will choose the testing days but not specific times; students select their time when they schedule online.
Accommodations when your whole class is testing in the TLC:
If the entire class is testing in the TLC, we can provide certain accommodations (see the list in the "Accommodated Testing" bar below) through our normal procedures. RegisterBlast connects to the AEC's system so students will automatically get their accommodation when they sign up if we are able to provide it in the TLC. If a student needs an accommodation that isn't listed, please work with the AEC for an alternate location. If the test is online or in iLearn, please allow the student extended time in that online venue. The TLC does not have access to iLearn or other venues to extend their time if you forget.
Accommodations when your whole class is not testing in the TLC:
If your entire class is not testing in the TLC, you will work with the AEC to ensure students receive their testing accommodations as appropriate. The AEC will then work with us to facilitate testing for students with accommodations.
TN eCampus faculty: you will continue to submit your exams through TN eCampus.
RegisterBlast Links & Information:
- Faculty first-time enrollment: www.registerblast.com/tntech/professor/enroll
- Enrolled professor login: www.registerblast.com/tntech/professor/login
- How to Submit Exam Instructions to RegisterBlast
- To see who has completed an exam, click on “Students” at the top of the page once you have logged in to RegisterBlast.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-372-6126 with questions.
- Schedule an Exam
After you schedule an exam, you will receive a confirmation email.
TNTECH students use this link to schedule: TNTECH RegisterBlast
Non-TNTECH students use this link to schedule: RegisterBlast for non-TNTECH students
- Cancel / Reschedule an Exam
If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must do so at least 2 hours prior to check-in time.
You must cancel your exam at least 20 hours prior to check-in time. Doing so within that time frame will refund any paid exam fees minus a $5 cancellation fee. Failure to cancel within that time frame will forfeit a refund of any paid exam fees.
TNTECH students use this link: TNTECH RegisterBlast
Non-TNTECH students use this link: RegisterBlast for non-TNTECH students
- Exam Rescheduling Instructions - non-TNTECH students
- Exam Cancellation - non-TECH students: call the TLC at 931-372-6126
- Rules & Regulations
- Examinees must schedule exams in RegisterBlast at least 24 hours in advance
- Examinees must have two photo IDs; one must be a government-issued, valid ID with your signature
- Examinees must arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled exam time; latecomers may be required to reschedule; examinees arriving 15 minutes or more after their scheduled time must reschedule
- Proctors answer examination procedure questions only, not questions about exam content
- Examinees may only use items (scratch paper, calculators, notes, etc.) if permitted by the class instructor or exam vendor
- Items not allowed in the testing room must be stored in the TLC lockers
- Cell phones are prohibited inside the testing room and must be turned off if stored in lockers; they may not be accessed during a exam including during breaks
- Talking is not allowed in the testing area
- Students exhibiting disorderly or disruptive conduct that interferes with the normal operations of the TLC or infringes on the rights of others may be removed and/or prohibited from testing in the TLC
- Exams must be completed in one sitting (excluding breaks if allowed)
- Once complete, the exam and paper materials (scratch paper, note cards, formula sheets, etc.) will be collected by TLC personnel
- Exam Security
Examinees are continuously monitored by physical walk-throughs and/or video monitoring. Paper exams are kept in a secure, locked location before and after they are administered.
- Class exams, exit exams, and major field tests are free to Tennessee Tech students
- The university's placement exam, ACCUPLACER, costs $20 and is paid online when scheduling the exam
- Anyone can can have a exam proctored at a cost of $25 per exam, which is paid online when scheduling the exam
- Examinees taking standardized tests must pay associated fees when scheduling, which vary by exam
- You must cancel your exam at least 20 hours prior to check-in time. Doing so within that time frame will refund any paid exam fees minus a $5 cancellation fee. Failure to cancel within that time frame will forfeit a refund of any paid exam fees.
- Accommodated Testing
The TLC offers the following testing accommodations:
- Area where student can sit, stand, or walk
- Class notes
- Extended time
- Increased font size
- Formula sheet
- Noise-reduced area
- Private testing area
- Step out and return
TNTECH faculty: please see the "Faculty Information" bar above for more information
TNTECH students: If you have registered with the AEC for accommodations, RegisterBlast will show only the accommodations the TLC can provide. If you need an accommodation not listed in RegisterBlast, please contact the AEC.
Non-TNTECH faculty: You must note any required accommodations in RegisterBlast when you submit the exam. We can only offer the accommodations listed above.
Non-TNTECH students: If your exam is for a class, your instructor is responsible for noting any required accommodations when they submit the exam to the TLC. We can only offer the accommodations listed above.
You need to take the ACCUPLACER exam if one of the following conditions applies:
- You do not have ACT or SAT scores
- Your ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER scores are more than three years old as of your first day of classes at Tennessee Tech
- You want to challenge your placement
Your transfer credits may also affect whether or not you take the exam. Call 931-372-6126 or email email@example.com if you are not sure whether you need to take the ACCUPLACER exam.
ACCUPLACER determines students’ level of preparation for college to place them in appropriate courses. It measures preparedness in writing, reading comprehension, and math. Please see the “Fees” section for cost information.
We can accept ACCUPLACER Placement Exam scores sent directly from other schools to Tennessee Tech; we do not accept student copies as valid scores. Have the scores faxed to Tennessee Tech's Learning Support Program (LSP) at 931-372-6275.
- ACCUPLACER Test Prep Materials
Lydia Kendall, Testing & Learning Center (TLC) Director