The focus of this program is for masters prepared nurses interested in obtaining a credential allowing them to assume a management position in a healthcare setting. The program provides the content necessary in nursing administration including healthcare finance, human resource management and quality management in healthcare.
Students seeking admission to online Nursing graduate program are required to have:
- Eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state in which clinical assignments are completed
- Undergraduate GPA: at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (for provisional admission, students must have at least 2.75 and meet all other requirements)
- Graduate GPA: at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A written document prepared by the applicant that includes a resume, a discussion of prior professional experience, future career goals, and reasons for pursuing graduate study.
- Letters of Recommendation: at least three letters from persons familiar with the applicant's academic and professional background and experience in nursing practice, specifying in detail the applicant's capabilities for graduate study and for future practice as an advanced practice nurse.
International students are required to demonstrate competency in spoken and written English by taking appropriate standardized tests. See accepted standardized tests and minimum required scores »
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. Click here for a list of states where Tennessee Technological University is authorized to offer online degrees. If you do not see your state listed, you will be unable to enroll in any online programs offered by Tennessee Tech.