About Professional Studies: Health Administration
- Concentration Curriculum
Bachelor of Science Professional Studies | Health Administration Concentration
120 Credit Hours (60 hrs General Education; 60 hrs Concentration)
Professional Core (21 hrs)
Choose one (1) course from each area in the Professional Core section.
ADMINISTRATION & SUPERVISION
- PADM 3601 – Public Administration (3)Course Outline (PDF)
- MGMT 3610 – Principles of Management & Organizational Behavior (3)
- TECH 4381 – Principles of Supervision (3)
- LIST 4093 – Special Topics & Leadership (3)
- PM 4120 – Organizational Theory & Behavior (3)
- PADM 4226 – Introduction to Non-Profit Organizations (3)
TEAM & ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- ORCO 3240 – Organizational Communication (3)
- COMM 3010 – Integrated Corporate Communication (3)
- SOCI 4510 – Introduction to Social Research (3)
- SOAA 3350 – Social Statistics (3)
- JOUR 3410 – Public Relations Research (3)
- SPAN 3550 – Latin America: Countries & People (3)
- POLI 4350 – International Law (3)
- JOUR 4712 – Mass Media & Cultures (3)
- PS 3510 – International Political Economy (3)
- POLS 3010 – Comparative Politics (3)
Choose two (2) courses from this group of 3.
- ENGL 3134 – Computers, Writing & Literature (3)
- ENGL 3250 – Professional Communication (3)
- JOUR 3421 – Public Relations Writing (3)
HEALTH ADMINISTRATION Concentration (15 hrs)
All courses in this section are required.
- HETH 4210 – Healthcare Research
- HETH 4211 – Community Healthcare Leadership & Management
- HETH 4212 – Trends & Issues in Healthcare
- HETH 4213 - Community Health: Issues & Services
- COBH 4707 – International Health: Problems & Issues
HEALTH ADMINISTRATION Electives or Additional General Education (21 hrs)
If needed, please discuss your elective courses with your advisor.
Culminating Project (3)
- UNIV 4995 – Culminating Special Project
School of Professional Studies | Bachelor of Science | Online Degree Program
Tennessee Tech University & TN eCampus
Learn to keep healthcare business and operations running smoothly...
What is Health Administration?
- Healthcare administrators plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the delivery of healthcare in medical facilities and medical practices.
- According to US Department of Labor statistics, the healthcare field is projected to grow faster than average and job opportunities are good.
- Because the structure and financing of healthcare is changing rapidly, there is a need for administrators who are prepared to deal with the integration of healthcare delivery systems, technological innovations, a complex regulatory environment, and improved efficiencies and quality of care delivered.
What can I do with a Health Administration degree?
- This degree concentration prepares students interested in entering the healthcare field in an administrative capacity.
Professional Studies at Tennessee Tech / Tennessee Tech & TN eCampus
This Professional Studies degree with a concentration in Health Administration is offered online through TN eCampus.
- Click here to access TN eCampus website for program outline and course requirement information.
- Accredited degree conferred by Tennessee Technology University.