School of Music
Concerts & Events
The School of Music at Tennessee Tech presents over 200 recitals and concerts annually. The schedule features large ensemble concerts (bands, choirs, orchestras, jazz ensembles), faculty solo recitals, student solo recitals, chamber groups, and a vibrant guest artist concert series.
All performances are held in the Bryan Fine Arts Building on the stage of Wattenbarger Auditorium. The auditorium offers superb acoustics and features a large stage, professional audio and lighting systems, and a three manual, twenty-seven rank pipe organ crafted by Schantz (Op. 384). The School recently added a new Steinway Model D concert grand piano—the second of two pianos assigned to the auditorium.
Concert and Recital Policies
The School of Music is allowing live audiences to attend concerts again this fall.
In accordance with University policy, we will require all visitors to wear a mask while indoors.
To ensure our auditorium is a safe environment, we have also implemented the following policies:
- Wattenbarger Auditorium will be equipped with multiple HEPA air filters.
- Performers in large ensembles are required to wear performance masks and bell covers.
- Solo and duet performers are permitted to remove performance masks and bell covers, but it is recommended that the audience avoids sitting in the front section.
- No receptions before or after concerts.
- All concerts and recitals will be live-streamed on our webpage. This can be found at: https://www.tntech.edu/fine-arts/music/live-stream.php