Fitness and Lifetime Wellness - Master's
Degree DetailsDegree: Master of Arts
Major: Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness
Concentration: Fitness and Lifetime Wellness
Department InformationCollege of Graduate Studies
Derryberry Hall 306
The focus of the master's program is the assessment of fitness and corresponding development of exercise and rehabilitation plans for health improvement.
Students seeking admission to the Exercise Science graduate program are evaluated based on multi-parameter criterion that can include the following:
- Undergraduate GPA: at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale; for provisional standing, at least 2.5
- Letters of Recommendation: minimum 2 letters of recommendation from someone who can address scholarly aptitude
- Letter of Intent: outline the purpose and proposed outcomes of being in the program
- Writing Sample: provide a sample from an undergraduate 4000-level class or complete the provided writing prompt
- Interview: participate in a face-to-face or virtual interview, if required
Admission to full or provisional standing is decided by the department. Provisional standing may be changed to full standing after the student satisfies the requirements specified by the department at the time of admission or upon departmental review.