Instructional Leadership - Ed.S.
The Specialist in Education degree in Instructional Leadership, offered online or in a hybrid format, prepares graduate candidates for professional positions in school and education administrative programs. We strive to promote skills highlighting outstanding leadership and professional excellence through partnerships, educational research, and inspiring experiences.
Students seeking admission to the Instructional Leadership Specialist in Education program are required to have:
- Graduate GPA: at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Disposition Assessements: four (4) satisfactory disposition assessments submitted to the INSL database
Additional Requirements for the Initial License INSL Program:
- A valid Tennessee teaching license and at least three years of teaching experience
- Declaration of Intent: must complete a Declaration of Intent for the INSL program
- Disposition Assessments: must complete request for four (4) disposition assessments for INSL program (INSL candidates do not need to submit letters of recommendation)
- Interview: must schedule INSL program interview and bring INSL Program Portfolio to interview
- Portfolio: candidates must prepare a portfolio to bring to their program interview; see portfolio contents below
International students are required to demonstrate competency in spoken and written English by taking appropriate standardized tests. See accepted standardized tests and minimum required scores »