Wilma Carr Scholarship
The Women's Center is privileged to offer this scholarship:
Wilma Rebecca Carr was born in Cookeville, Tennessee and began her career with Fleetguard (now Cummins Filtration) in March 1978. Wilma was a victim of domestic abuse who lost her life to domestic violence in April 1997. This scholarship was established by her coworkers at Fleetguard to honor her memory and is still supported through ongoing donations.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Must be a current Tennessee Tech student in good standing (generally awarded to undergraduates)
- Must "have experienced a traumatic domestic event, such as, but not limited to, spousal abuse, child abuse or other unfortunate domestic situation"
- Must also complete the general scholarship application in ScholarWeb
All applicant/award information is kept strictly confidential. Award amounts vary but are usually between $300 and $500.
Application deadline: Dec 15, 2021
There are two ways to apply:
- Fill out and print this PDF application form and return a hard copy, with attachments, to the Women's Center either by hand or via mail.
- Fill out this Qualtrics survey form online and submit it electronically.
If using the paper form, return your packet to:
Tennessee Tech University
The Women’s Center
Roaden University Center 339
P.O. Box 5216
Cookeville, TN 38505
For more information please call (931) 372-3850 or email at: email@example.com