Wilma Rebecca Carr was born in Cookeville, Tennessee and began her career with Fleetguard in March 1978. Wilma was a victim of domestic abuse who lost her life to domestic violence in April 1997. This scholarship was established by her coworkers to honor her memory.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Must be a current Tennessee Tech student in good standing (generally awarded to undergraduates)
- Must "have experienced a traumatic domestic event, such as, but not limited to, spousal abuse, child abuse or other unfortunate domestic situation"
- All applicant/award information is kept strictly confidential
- Award amounts vary but are usually between $300 and $500
- Wilma Carr application
- Application deadline: Dec 15, 2019
- Students must also complete the general scholarship application in ScholarWeb by Dec. 15, 2019
Please return application to:
Tennessee Tech University
The Women’s Center
Roaden University Center 339
P.O. Box 5216
Cookeville, TN 38505
For more information please contact: The Women’s Center - 372-3850 - or email the administrative associate at: email@example.com