Check Out Policies
Learning Resources Center
Bartoo Hall, Rm. 213
Campus Box 5044
Questions or Comments?
Please email: email@example.com
Only current students, faculty, and staff in the College of Education may check out items from the LRC, but anyone may use the resources within the confines of the library.
- LRC Library Check Out Policies
- The LRC has MacBook Pro laptops that may be used within the library and iMac desktop computers which are connected to the LRC printer.
Check Out Duration for LRC Items
PRAXIS, MAT, ACT, and ALL other items on RESERVE: Four-day Check Out; these items can be renewed upon request and approval by the LRC librarian.
Technology: Check Out durations differ, please see the equipment list below; these items can be renewed upon request and approval of the LRC librarian.
ALL OTHER ITEMS: books, easy books, fiction and non-fiction books, manipulatives, assistive technology, etc., are a two-week check out; these items may be renewed unless a hold or reservation has been placed on the item by another patron.
The LRC's AV Equipment is available of College of Education students to check UPON completing the AV Permit Form. The Permit Form MUST BE SUBMITTED EVERY SEMESTER.
- Overdue Items Policies
Overdue notices for standard items (those with a 2-week check out period) will be sent out daily via email.
- Any patron receiving an overdue notice will have a chance to respond to 3 successive emails before fines are processed and a hold is placed on his/her account.
- Patrons may renew overdue items by responding to an Overdue Notice email, calling the LRC, renewing in person, or by logging on to the LRC Online Catalog.
AV equipment and LRC Reserve items, fines will accrue following a one-day grace period.
- Notification of fines will be sent via email.
- AV equipment and LRC Reserve items can be renewed upon request and approval by the LRC librarian.
Failure to receive notification of overdue items does not absolve a borrower of library fine obligations.
Fines on standard and LRC Reserve items will accrue as follows:
$2.00 flat rate per item plus $0.20 per item per day, up to a maximum of $10.00 per item.
- Example: 4 items, 8 days overdue results in a $3.60 fine per item or a total fine of $14.40.
For AV equipment, fines will accrue as follows:
$10.00 flat rate per item plus $1.00 per item per day up to a maximum of $50.00 per item.
- Example: 2 items, 3 days overdue results in a $13.00 fine per item or a total fine of $26.00.