Office Information:Location: Bell Hall 105
Phone: (931) 372-3320
Fax: (931) 372-3848
Mailing Address:Health Services
Campus Box 5096
Cookeville, TN 38505
Office Hours:Monday - Friday
8am to 4:30pm CST
- General medical and nursing care is provided for acute, urgent and minor medical issues.
- Office visits are free for registered students. Certain lab tests and medications are available at minimal cost. Charges will be applied to student accounts.
- Medical screenings and referrals are provided for major acute problems.
- Physical examinations are provided for class and work.
- Treatment of most athletic injuries. Fractures may be referred.
- Evaluation and treatment of Women's Health and gynecological problems. We also offer contraceptive services and pap smears by appointments only. There is a non-cancellation fee of $10. Various forms of contraception are dispensed through the clinic.
- Sexually Transmitted Illness screening and testing are performed.
- Provide Tuberculin skin testing, Hepatitis B, Meningitis, Tetanus/Diphtheria and Varicella vaccinations. *Costs for these immunizations vary and must be paid for by the student.
- Allergy Injections: Allergy Shots are given as ordered by the patient’s physician/allergist, ONLY when a physician or nurse practitioner is present. Students must have received their initial dose prior to coming to Health Services for injections. Contact Health Services at HealthServices@tntech.edu for additional information regarding Allergy Shots.
- Medications: Medications commonly used by our physicians are dispensed at Health Services. Outside prescriptions may not be filled at Health Services.
- Laboratory and Phlebotomy: We collect specimens (blood, urine, etc.) for numerous tests that are sent to contract
laboratories or the state laboratory for analyzing. Due to Department of Health and
Human Services’ federal regulations, only a few laboratory tests are performed on
site at Student Health Services. Although most laboratory testing is ordered by Health
Services personnel, students may bring orders from their private health care provider
and results will be faxed to a primary care physician with student's permission.
In-house procedures include Rapid Strep, flu, Covid-19, Mono testing, urinalysis, urine pregnancy testing, and finger stick blood sugar.
- Inpatient Care is limited only to an observation stay of a few hours duration.
- Health Education: Both the medical and nursing staffs consider education about the patient’s medical problem(s) a prime responsibility and try to make each patient’s visit an educational experience as time permits.
Important: All New Tennessee Tech Students
We suggest all new students attending Tennessee Tech to review the Immunization Requirements for admission to the university.