Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Office Information:Location: Bell Hall 105
Phone: (931) 372-3320
Fax: (931) 372-3848
Mailing Address:Health Services
Campus Box 5096
Cookeville, TN 38505
Office Hours:Monday - Friday
8am to 4:30pm CST
Your privacy rights include:
- the right to confidentiality of your records.
- the right to receive notice of Tennessee Tech Health Services privacy practices.
- the right to inspect and copy your medical record.
- the right to request amendment of your medical record.
- the right to request restrictions on release of your medical record.
- the right to confidential communications.
Your treatment rights include:
- the right to humane care and treatment.
- the right to accurate information.
- the right to a second opinion regarding diagnosis and treatment.
- the right to know who is counseling, caring for, and treating you.
- the right to information regarding fees for services.
- the right to be informed of any research aspect of your care and the right to refuse.
Your responsibilities include:
- providing full information about your illness or problem.
- asking sufficient questions to ensure you have appropriate understanding of your illness and the provider’s recommended treatment.
- showing courtesy and respect to Tennessee Tech Health Services personnel and to other patients.
- not lending your personal identification to others.
- canceling or rescheduling an appointment as far in advance as possible.
- not sharing medication prescribed for you with others.
Tennessee Tech University publishes a clear and appropriate statement of student rights and responsibilities. The Student Handbook includes a comprehensive list of these rights and responsibilities and may be accessed online as referenced in new student orientation. In addition, students may access policies related to their rights and responsibilities through Tennessee Tech University’s Policy Central page.