Meal Plan Terms
Meal plan prices are per semester fees and meal plan selections made in the fall semester will carry over to the spring. Students who do not plan on having a meal plan for the spring semester must cancel their meal plan selection prior to the first day of the spring semester. This option is only applicable to commuter students and residential students who are not required to have a meal plan.
Participants must be an actively enrolled student with Tennessee Tech University.
All charges for Meal Plans or Dining Dollar Plans will be placed on the student’s Eagle Online account and will be subject to the same payment deadlines and penalties as other university charges.
First-year Residential Students: Mandatory Meal Plans
1. Freshmen living in the residence halls are required to purchase a meal plan for their first two semesters of enrollment, excluding summer, and may choose either the Gold 7 Plus, Gold 7, Purple 5 Plus, or the Purple 5 plan.
2. If freshmen residents fail to select a plan, the system will default to the Purple 5.
3. If you do not have a dorm assignment, you will only be allowed to select taxable meal plans.
4. Your taxable/non-taxable status is verified nightly and your taxable charge will be updated as needed.
5. All meal plan provisions apply to both voluntary and mandatory meal plans.
All students (excluding first-year residential students): Voluntary Meal plans
1. Any student at Tennessee Tech University may opt in for a meal plan.
2. You must select your meal plan each term through your Eagle Online account.
3. All meal plan provisions apply to both voluntary and mandatory meal plans.
1. TN Tech Dining Services requires your Tennessee Tech University Eagle ID card for all Meal Plan/Dining Dollar transactions, with no exceptions.
2. The Eagle ID card is the responsibility of the student. Students may not transfer or loan their card to another student or any other individual.
3. Report all lost or stolen Eagle ID cards immediately to the Eagle ID card office located in the Roaden University Center room 230. The University may charge a fee to replace the card.
4. If the Eagle ID card office is closed, The Caf is the only dining location which will allow a "manual" transaction for a meal after signing a log to authorize a manual update of your meal plan account. TN Tech Dining Services will allow this option until 9 a.m. on the next day the Eagle ID card office is open.
5. The University assumes no liability for meals or declining balance monies used by a third party.
6. Unlimited Gold and Purple Plans: Unlimited plan allow participants unlimited access to The Caf either 5 or 7 days a week depending on the plan selected. The 5-day plans run Monday through Friday.
a. All unlimited plans include Dining Dollars.
b. You may upgrade your plans to “Plus” which includes one meal exchange option each day. Unlimited meal plan participants may use the meal exchange option at select retail dining locations on campus.
c. When using the meal exchange option, students must notify the cashier BEFORE transactions otherwise the cashier will deduct the transaction cost from your Dining Dollar balance.
d. Unused meals on these meal plans do not carry forward to the next week. Dining will not refund missed meals.
7. Weekly and Block Plans: The Weekly 14 and Weekly 10 meal plan options represent a per-week meal count. The "block plans" represents a per-semester declining meal count. Students will take each meal at The Caf. Students may transfer meal credits for use at other dining locations by using the meal exchange options when available. Weekly plan and block plan participants may use the meal exchange option at select retail dining locations on campus.
a. When using the meal exchange option, students must notify the cashier BEFORE transactions otherwise the cashier will deduct the transaction cost from your Dining Dollar balance.
b. The "meal week" runs from Sunday morning to Saturday, midnight. With the Weekly 10 and Weekly 14 meal plan options, Dining Services will allow a maximum of THREE meal exchanges per day. Unused meals on these meal plans do not carry forward to the next week. Dining will not refund missed meals.
8. For a list of hours and locations, visit www.tntech.edu/dining. You will also find a list of any deviation from the normal dining hours at this site.
9. TN Tech Dining reserves the right to change the services or hours of operation. Notice will be given, with modified schedules posted in all dining locations and at www.tntech.edu/dining.
MEAL PLAN CHANGES / CANCELLATIONS
1. You may change a meal plan, for any reason, during the first three weeks of each semester.
2. Freshmen living on campus must select from among the Unlimited (mandatory) meal plan options.
3. Students may select a different Spring meal plan than the Fall plan previously selected. However, freshmen living on campus must select from among the Unlimited meal plan options.
4. Students may upgrade their meal plan at any point in the semester, the upgrade amount will be calculated in the dining office and the amount will be placed on the students Eagle Online account. Once payment has been received, the upgrade will be posted to the student ID card.