Golden Eagle Cyber Certificate Program
About the Certificate
The Golden Eagle Cyber Certificate (GECC) Program is a three-course program (nine credit hours) introducing high school students to foundational cybersecurity-related topics and thought processes. The target audience for this program is any student with a natural curiosity for STEM. It is intended to provide a cybersecurity foundation for all interested students, not just those seeking a career in cybersecurity or computing. Accordingly, a cybersecurity or computer science background is not required. Rather than focus on an industry certification, each of the courses in the program is designed to contribute to two or four-year higher education program objectives for any major either as major-specific, general education or elective credits.
Refer to the Documents link in the Nav bar for specific program information and white papers.
Benefits to Tennessee K12 Districts
The GECC program allows K12 districts gain immediate access to quality cybersecurity courses without the commitment of additional staff to teach the courses. District high schools need only to provide the following:
- a Memorandum of Understanding establishing a relationship between the district and Tennessee Tech University (see example here)
- a learning space with an Internet-connected computer allowing students to access Tennessee Tech learning platforms
- logistical support to participating students going through the admissions and enrollment processes (generally a CTE supervisor working with Tennessee Tech Admissions and dual enrollment coordinators.
Benefits to Tennessee K12 Students
Participants in the GECC program will gain the following:
- dual enrollment access to college course work that will transfer to any state-funded post-secondary school in Tennessee
- ability to earn up to nine (9) credit hours of undergraduate college credit
- fast track access to CEROC events and camps
- ability to explore cyber as seen across multiple disciplines
- recognition of program completion via a printed certificate
- a high profile contribution to the student's resume
- for those that choose Tennessee Tech for post-secondary, the beginnings of your academic walk as a Golden Eagle
See the dual enrollment checklist for admission and registration instructions.
For More Information
For more information about the program, email email@example.com with a subject line of "Golden Eagle Cyber Certificate Program". A member of our staff will be in contact within 3 business days.